Social Security
slate_leeper
2004-05-20 20:26:19 UTC
SOCIAL SECURITY:

Franklin Roosevelt, a Democrat, introduced the Social Security (FICA)
Program. He promised:

1.) That participation in the Program would be completely voluntary,

2.) That the participants would only have to pay 1% of the first
$1,400 of their annual incomes into the Program,

3.) That the money the participants elected to put into the Program
would be deductible from their income for tax purposes each year,

4.) That the money the participants put into the independent "Trust
Fund" rather than into the General operating fund, and therefore,
would only be used to fund the Social Security Retirement Program, and
no other Government program, and,

5.) That the annuity payments to the retirees would never be taxed as
income.

Since many of us have paid into FICA for years and are now receiving a
Social Security check every month -- and then finding that we are
getting taxed on 85% of the money we paid to the Federal government to
"put away," you may be interested in the following:

Q: Which Political Party took Social Security from the independent
"Trust" fund and put it into the General fund so that Congress could
spend it?

A: It was Lyndon Johnson and the Democratic-controlled House and
Senate.

Q: Which Political Party eliminated the income tax deduction for
Social Security (FICA) withholding?

A: The Democrat Party.

Q: Which Political Party started taxing Social Security annuities?

A: The Democrat Party, with Al Gore casting the "tie-breaking"
deciding vote as President of the Senate, while he was Vice President
of the U.S.

Q: Which Political Party decided to start giving annuity payments to
immigrants?

A: That's right! Jimmy Carter and the Democrat Party. Immigrants
moved into this country, and at age 65, began to receive SSI Social
Security payments! The Democrats gave these payments to them, even
though they never paid a dime into it!

Then, after lying about it the facts and violating the original
contract (FICA), the Democrats tell you that the Republicans want to
take your Social Security away!

And the worst part about it is, uninformed citizens believe it!

Perhaps we are asking the wrong questions during this 2004 election
year!

If enough people receive this, maybe a seed of awareness will be
planted and maybe good changes will evolve.

Keep this going clear up through the 2004 election!! This needs to be
heard.

- -
Protect your civil rights!
Let the politicians know how you feel.
Join or donate to the NRA today!
http://membership.nrahq.org/default.asp?campaignid=XR014887
AH#49
2004-05-20 20:52:23 UTC
Post by slate_leeper
Franklin Roosevelt, a Democrat, introduced the Social Security (FICA)
(snip)

Herbert Hoover ( a republican) promised "a chicken in every pot and a
car in every garage."

Still waiting, as I buy the finest Farberware and have a first class
garage.

Funny how I still have to buy my own chickens, cars, and "Social
Security" no matter WHAT liar I vote for, eh?
slate_leeper
2004-05-20 20:58:43 UTC
Post by AH#49
Post by slate_leeper
Franklin Roosevelt, a Democrat, introduced the Social Security (FICA)
(snip)
Herbert Hoover ( a republican) promised "a chicken in every pot and a
car in every garage."
There is a difference between hyperbole and a promise.

-dan z-

- -
AH#49
And the dividing line "in the sand" is drawn by whom?
Shakka Bubba
2004-08-14 17:48:15 UTC
The NRA? Wasn't that the hate group that called American law
enforcement agents "jack-booted thugs?" And didn't President Reagan,
a Republican, quit the NRA in disgust?
Paul Stevens
2004-08-14 19:35:40 UTC
Post by Shakka Bubba
The NRA? Wasn't that the hate group that called American law
enforcement agents "jack-booted thugs?"
They were quoting a member of Congress (happened to be a democrat)
who called BATF agents "jack-booted thugs" when he made a comment
on BATF actions.
Post by Shakka Bubba
And didn't President Reagan,
a Republican, quit the NRA in disgust?
It was George Bush, and he made that public withdrawal from the
NRA (which he joined after deciding to run from public office)
after he lost his attempt for a second term as president. The NRA
had refused to endorse him, because of his (first-term) anti-gun
executive order banning importation of certain firearms.
--
Paul Stevens

Bill 'n' Opus in 2004
Morton Davis
2004-08-14 20:24:53 UTC
Post by Shakka Bubba
Post by slate_leeper
Post by AH#49
Post by slate_leeper
Franklin Roosevelt, a Democrat, introduced the Social Security (FICA)
(snip)
Herbert Hoover ( a republican) promised "a chicken in every pot and a
car in every garage."
There is a difference between hyperbole and a promise.
-dan z-
The NRA? Wasn't that the hate group that called American law
enforcement agents "jack-booted thugs?" And didn't President Reagan,
a Republican, quit the NRA in disgust?
NOPE. The NRa never callled American law enforcement agents "jack booted
thugs", however apt that description of the BATFAE might be. And that was
well past Reagan's time.

-*MORT*-

CDF
2004-05-20 23:59:03 UTC
Post by AH#49
Post by slate_leeper
Franklin Roosevelt, a Democrat, introduced the Social Security (FICA)
(snip)
Herbert Hoover ( a republican) promised "a chicken in every pot and a
car in every garage."
So Hoover promises prosperity and doesn't deliver.

Democrats promise prosperity and then take it, from you at the point of
a gun.

Good comparison.
John
2004-05-28 11:59:32 UTC
Post by AH#49
Post by slate_leeper
Franklin Roosevelt, a Democrat, introduced the Social Security (FICA)
(snip)
Herbert Hoover ( a republican) promised "a chicken in every pot and a
car in every garage."
Still waiting, as I buy the finest Farberware and have a first class
garage.
Funny how I still have to buy my own chickens, cars, and "Social
Security" no matter WHAT liar I vote for, eh?
I guess politicians are the same everywhere...