Owner Of Dogs That Mauled Teen Will Go To Jail
Ban Fighting Dogs
2003-12-10 11:24:13 UTC
Pictures available at Link ( very graphic )

http://www.krqe.com/expanded3.asp?RECORD_KEY%5BLargeHeadline%5D=ID&ID%5BLargeHeadline%5D=2375

A man whose dogs attacked and nearly killed a 13-year-old Rio Rancho boy
will go to jail, but not for long.

Judge Cohen Shields also ruled that all four rottweilers that attacked the
boy will be put-down at the Rio Rancho Animal Control where they have been
kept since the October attack.

Timothy Maes and his friends were playing paintball on October 10th when the
dogs slipped out their yard, charged Maes and mauled him all at once.

Today he has more than 140 scars covering his body.

The dog's owner, Keith Slight was originally facing 16 different charges.
Judge Shields let him plea down to one count of harboring a vicious animal,
fined him $1,500, and sentenced him to 5 days in jail--the same amount of
time Maes spent in the hospital.

Maes say he is still trying to get over the attack.

"I'm just trying to recover. My legs hurt, I can't run very well because my
muscles won't absorb the shock," says Maes. "It's not much fun I can tell
you that."

The dogs are expected to be put down today. The slight family will get an
opportunity to see them before that happens.
--
Ban Fighting Dogs

Advise Your Local Politician

No One Else Needs To Be Hurt !
Jeff Johnston
2003-12-10 19:00:43 UTC
Good, anyone who can't take care of their dog and doesn't train them so they
will not attack deserves jail time.
--
Editor in Chief
The Business of Writing

The Virus Threat Course Instructor
Suite University
http://www.suite101.com/course.cfm/17999/overview/493620
No One Else Needs To Be Hurt !
Jokerpit
2003-12-10 19:03:40 UTC
did u go to college for that bit of enlightenment?
"Jeff Johnston" <[NO SPAM]***@domynoes.net> wrote in message news:iuWdnUc0S-6g8EqiRVn-***@golden.net...
: Good, anyone who can't take care of their dog and doesn't train
them so they
: will not attack deserves jail time.
:
: --
: Editor in Chief
: The Business of Writing
: http://bizwriter.domynoes.net
:
: The Virus Threat Course Instructor
: Suite University
: http://www.suite101.com/course.cfm/17999/overview/493620
: "Ban Fighting Dogs" <***@none.com> wrote in message
: news:xnDBb.29875$r%***@twister01.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com...
: > Pictures available at Link ( very graphic )
: >
: >
:
[...]
: > --
: > Ban Fighting Dogs
: >
:
n***@columbus.rr.com
2003-12-10 21:13:28 UTC
A few facts.

Our military down here in the USA trains what they call attack dogs. I don't
know what, if any difference there is between an "attack" or a "defense" dog
is, I suspect there is no difference.

At one time, the average dog in this service weighed 78 lbs. I knew of one
who weighed 130 lbs, and would tear right through the padded suits the
trainers used, and bit the hell out of them. They put him down.

In any case, at a certain age, I can't recall, 8-10 years? They
automatically put them down, because they developed deseases like we do,
feel pain, not know the cause, and turn on their handler's in a New York
minute. None of them were allowed to come home from Viet Nam.

Anyone living near one of these dogs, my best advise is legally get a hand
gun, learn to use it, If you can legally carry it, do so, and the first time
it looks at you or your family from a place it can hurt you, blow it to
hell. These are not pets. They are trained, killing machines, who think
independently, probably better, than their ignorant owners.

At worst, you will sort out the details of a very dangerous dead dog in
court. Not a murdered child or parent.
Post by Ban Fighting Dogs
fined him $1,500, and sentenced him to 5 days in jail--the same amount of
time Maes spent in the hospital.
Maes say he is still trying to get over the attack.
"I'm just trying to recover. My legs hurt, I can't run very well
because
Post by Jeff Johnston
my