GOP outsources fund raising to India
Sarah
2003-08-28 06:54:39 UTC
US Republican Party outsources fund raising to India

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=11219

Whole world's gone batty - official

By Adamson Rust: Wednesday 27 August 2003, 08:49

THE REPUBLICAN PARTY is using call centres in Gurgaon and Noida in
India to raise funds for itself and for its chieftain, George W. Bush.

Young people at the call centres are helping robots to phone American
citizens to enlist their support and money for the political party,
with plans to extend the scheme if they whip up enough donations.

There's a high degree of automation involved in the process, according
to Indian newspaper the Business Standard, which says that HCL Eserve
is handling the business for the party.

India is the biggest democracy in the world, and has stayed that way
since it threw off the yoke of the British Raj in 1947, courtesy of
the Labour Party.

The magazine claims that "human intervention" is limited because of an
integrated voice recording technology which picks up on clues from
people that pick up the phone.

We do hope and trust here at the INQUIRER that the irony of underpaid
people in Harayana helping robots to call possibly out of work
Americans because of a widespread policy of corporate outsourcing is
not lost on our readers. ยต
Werner Hetzner
2003-08-28 13:31:00 UTC
Post by Sarah
US Republican Party outsources fund raising to India
We do hope and trust here at the INQUIRER that the irony of underpaid
people in Harayana helping robots to call possibly out of work
Americans because of a widespread policy of corporate outsourcing is
not lost on our readers.
If the people in Harayana were not satisfied with their wages they would
not be working for them. Perhaps out of work Americans are out of work
because they charge too much for their services. After all, Americans of
all kinds are buying stuff fom foreigners. No one is forcing us to buy
it. It is a matter of choice. What do you have if you have no choice?

The story is that corporate outsourcing is giving Americans what they
want. The irony is that the INQUIRER doesn't understand corporate labor
is the cause of its own problems.
Sarah
2003-08-31 23:38:22 UTC
Post by Werner Hetzner
The story is that corporate outsourcing is giving Americans what they
want. The irony is that the INQUIRER doesn't understand corporate labor
is the cause of its own problems.
I see. And you, I suppose are quite satisfied to work for the same
wages and benefits as a hungry man in India.
Werner Hetzner
2003-09-02 02:30:56 UTC
Post by Sarah
Post by Werner Hetzner
is the cause of its own problems.
I see. And you, I suppose are quite satisfied to work for the same
wages and benefits as a hungry man in India.
No, you don't see. Like you and most other people I prefer to purchase
products that cost less. Why? Because that effectively increases my income.

Besides, You must be quite satisfied to keep the man in India hungry
even though he is willing to give me what I want and I am willing to
give him what he wants for it.

Do you usually make it a point to pay more when you could pay less? I've
got something to sell you.