Texas GOP Platform tells the story about what the party is now about
Sarah
2003-10-11 21:29:48 UTC
From: http://www.calpundit.com/archives/002393.html

The Texas Republican Party Platform for 2000

http://www.rlctx.org/RLCTX/Texas%20Republican%20Party%20Platform%202000.htm

Texas GOP Platform
Short Translation

The Party calls for the United States monetary system to be returned
to the gold standard. Since the Federal Reserve System is a private
corporation, has no reserves, and is not subject to taxation or audit,
we call on Congress to abolish this institution and reassume its
authority, enumerated by Article I, Section 8 of the United States
Constitution, for the coinage of money.

abolish the Federal Reserve.

Congress should be urged to exercise its authority under Article III,
Sections 1 and 2 of the United States Constitution, and should
withhold appellate jurisdiction of the Supreme Court in such cases
involving abortion, religious freedom, and all rights guaranteed under
the Bill of Rights.

constitutionality of laws regarding abortion, religion, or anything
else related to the Bill of Rights. In these areas, Congress should be
allowed to pass any laws it wishes.

Our Party pledges to do everything within its power to restore the
original intent of the First Amendment of the United States and the
concept of the separation of Church and State and dispel the myth of
the separation of Church and State.

state.

The party opposes the decriminalization of sodomy....We publicly
rebuke judges Chief Justice Murphy and John Anderson, who ruled that
the 100 year-old Texas sodomy law is unconstitutional, and ask that
all members of the Republican Party of Texas oppose their re-election.

The Party affirms its support for a human life amendment to the
Constitution and we endorse making clear that the Fourteenth Amendment
's protection applies to unborn children.

constitutional amendment.

No homosexual or any individual convicted of child abuse or
molestation should have the right to custody or adoption of a minor
child, and that visitation with minor children by such persons should
be limited to supervised periods.

be allowed to visit children unsupervised.

The Party believes that scientific topics, such as the question of
universe and life origins and environmental theories, should not be
constrained to one opinion or viewpoint. We support the teaching
equally of scientific strengths and weaknesses of all scientific
theories--as Texas now requires (but has yet to enforce) in public
school science course standards. We urge revising all environmental
education standards to require this also. We support individual
teachers' right to teach creation science in Texas public schools.
classes.

The Party supports an orderly transition to a system of private
pensions based on the concept of individual retirement accounts, and
gradually phasing out the Social Security tax.

We urge that the IRS be abolished and the Sixteenth Amendment to the
United States Constitution be repealed. A constitutional tax,
collected and controlled by the States, must generate sufficient
revenue for the legitimate tasks of the national government.

The Party believes the minimum wage law should be repealed.

We further support the abolition of federal agencies involved in
activities not delegated to the federal government under the original
intent of the Constitution including, but not limited to, the Bureau
of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, the position of Surgeon General, the
Environmental Protection Agency, the Departments of Energy, Housing
and Urban Development, Health and Human Services, Education, Commerce
and Labor.

other federal agencies should be eliminated. Since these departments
supervise all federal welfare programs for the poor and sick, they are
presumably advocating the complete abolishment of the federal welfare
state.

The Party believes it is in the best interest of the citizens of the
United States that we immediately rescind our membership in, as well
as all financial and military contributions to, the United Nations.

The Party urges Congress to support HJR 77, the Panama and America
Security Act, which declare the Carter-Torrijos Treaty null and void.
We support re-establishing United States control over the Canal in
order to retain our military bases in Panama, to preserve our right to
transit through the Canal, and to prevent the establishment of Chinese
missile bases in Panama.

[This plank remains in the 2002 platform. Since Panama presumably
would object to this, they appear to be endorsing military action to
retake the canal zone.]

Any person filing as a Republican candidate for a public or Party
office shall be provided a current copy of the Party platform at the
time of filing. The candidate shall be asked to read and initial each
page of the platform and sign a statement affirming he/she has read
the entire platform.

On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 16:29:48 -0500, "Sarah"
From: http://www.calpundit.com/archives/002393.html
The Texas Republican Party Platform for 2000
http://www.rlctx.org/RLCTX/Texas%20Republican%20Party%20Platform%202000.htm
Thank you, Sarah, for the platform, and the analysis. It's shocking
how hypocritical these people are. They continually evoke the
Constitution's protections as being paramount, then proceed to ignore
the Constitution and Bill of Rights completely in most of their
platform pronouncements.

The 2002 platform may be downloaded (as an Adobe Acrobat .PDF file)
from:
http://www.texasgop.org/library/RPTPlatform2002.pdf

The 2000 platform included the following:
Conduct of Public Officials:  The Party believes the president of the
United States and all members of the Executive, Legislative and
Judicial branches of the federal and state governments shall be held
to the same standards of conduct as other law-abiding citizens. We
call for the investigation and, if appropriate, prosecution of any and
all members of the Clinton administration that have committed crimes,
up to and including possible treason against the United States of
America, without respect to the office served.

In the 2002 platform, interestingly enough, they dropped the call for
investigation and prosecution of Bush administration members that have
committed crimes. Obviously, real crimes involving the death and
injury of innocent persons, and the theft of billions of taxpayer
dollars are unimportant and unworthy of investigation, while
consensual sex is treasonous. What a sham these Republicans are!

Flag Desecration: The Party views any form of desecration of the
American flag as an outward act of disregard for our nation and its
people and advocates penalties for such acts.

Christian Nation - The Republican Party of Texas reaffirms the United
States of America is a Christian nation, which was founded on
fundamental Judeo-Christian principles based on the Holy Bible. We
also affirm the right of each individual to worship in the religion of
his or her choice.
Religion - The Party acknowledges that the church is a God-ordained
institution with a sphere of authority separate from that of civil
government; thus, churches, synagogues and other places of worship,
including home Bible study groups, should not be regulated,
controlled, or taxed by any level of civil government, including the
Social Security Administration and the Internal Revenue Service. We
reclaim freedom of religious expression in public on government
property, and freedom from governmental interference.
...We support the right of individuals and state and local governments
to display the Ten Commandments on public property subject to their
control.
Faith Based Opportunities - The Party encourages the Texas Legislature
to identify and develop ways to increase the ability of faith-based
institutions and community and business organizations to assist
individuals and families in need.

completely and establish Christianity as the official, state-sponsored
religion, and to hell with anyone that doesn't believe as we do.
Actually, you're free to worship in the religion of your choice, as
long as your choice is our choice, and we're going to remind you of
our choice in every way we can, constitutionally or not.

Capital Punishment - The Party believes that capital punishment, when
properly applied, is a legitimate form of punishment and an effective
deterrent for the most severe and heinous crimes. When applied,
capital punishment should be swift and unencumbered.
Sexual Assault - The Party believes that forcible rape is a heinous
crime for which the punishment options should include the death
penalty. We insist that adults convicted of sexual molestation of a
minor receive mandatory prison sentences without probation or parole.

Dangerous Drugs - The Party recognizes that illegal drug use is
dangerous and crosses all sectors of society.
We encourage the state and federal governments to prosecute illegal
drug dealers and manufacturers to the fullest extent of the law and we
call on Congress to use all means possible to discourage the foreign
manufacture and export of such drugs into our country. Because of
their higher proven rate of success, faith-based drug rehabilitation
programs should be utilized in place of incarceration whenever
possible. We oppose the movement toward the legalization of illicit
drugs. We support a strong abstinence-based drug educational
program for children. We oppose the availability of entitlement
benefits based on illegal drug or alcohol use. We oppose any "needle
exchange" or "bleach kit" programs.

religion while we're being generally intolerant.

Speed Limits - The Party opposes any regulation of highway speed
limits based on environmental standards of any kind. The Party
supports highway speed limits based on safety standards only.

Textbooks and Curricula - The Party recognizes that some Texas public
school textbooks and curricula may contain not only factual and
grammatical errors, but may also present content that is blatantly
offensive or does not accurately portray our state and national
heritage. We urge the State Board of Education to reject any
textbook that offers unsubstantiated opinions or seeks to undermine
our children’s belief in America or our Constitutional Republic. We
call upon the State Board of Education to continue public hearings as
a component of the textbook review process.
We further call upon the Texas State Legislature to address the method
of textbook adoption in the 2003 legislative session, placing the
burden of proof on the publishers, so that publishers are required to
guarantee that textbooks purchased with Texas tax dollars contain only
factual academic material, not propaganda and opinion.

Traditional Values in Education - The Party opposes faculty in public
institutions abusing their positions to manipulate students to reject
traditional American religious, moral, political and economic values.
We support a character education curriculum and a program based upon
biblical principles upon which our nation and state law system were
founded.

Scientific Theories - The Party believes that scientific topics, such
as the question of universe and life origins and environmental
theories, should not be constrained to one opinion or viewpoint. We
support the teaching equally of scientific strengths and weaknesses of
all scientific theories - as Texas now requires (but has yet to
enforce) in public school science course standards. We urge revising
all environmental education standards to require this also. We support
individual teachers’ right to teach creation science in Texas public
schools.

acceptable. Take your pick, but you'd better pick the biblical path.
After all, the bible is fact, not religion, right? Seems like
unsubstantiated opinion and propaganda, IMHO. As if "creation science"
weren't an oxymoron.

School Surveys and Testing - The Party believes that public schools
should be required to obtain written parental consent for student
participation in any test or questionnaire that surveys beliefs or
opinions in the areas of sexual activity, religion, political
persuasion or other areas of morality. Public schools should be
required to allow prior parental viewing of any test or materials to
which their children are exposed.

Bilingual Education - The Party supports the termination of bilingual
education programs in Texas.

Americans with Disabilities Act - The Party supports amendment of the
Americans with Disabilities Act to exclude from its definition those
persons with infectious diseases, substance addiction, learning
disabilities, behavior disorders, homosexual practices and mental
stress thereby reducing abuse of the Act.

in Texas.

Foreign Military Bases on American Soil - The Party opposes any
foreign military base on American soil. We oppose relinquishing United
States supremacy to any foreign power on United States soil. We
encourage Congress to prohibit all foreign military bases from the
United States.

countries? Can we get rid of those, too?

---
***@cxoxxx.nxextx
michael in west texas (wxexsxtx txexxxaxsx)
http://asclepias.blogspot.com