KUCINICH & DOCTORS AGREE ON UNIVERSAL COVERAGE
Sarah
2003-08-14 08:51:41 UTC
KUCINICH & DOCTORS AGREE ON UNIVERSAL COVERAGE

From Associated Press today: "Washington -- Nearly 8,000 U.S.
physicians are calling for government-financed national health
insurance, which they say would cover every American while saving
billions of dollars.

"Ten years after President Clinton's national health plan died in
Congress, tangled in complexity and under fierce assault from the
medical, insurance and pharmaceutical industries, the doctors argue
that private sector solutions have failed. The doctors would put in
place a single-payer system -- essentially an upgraded and expanded
version of Medicare...

"Of the Democratic presidential candidates, only Rep. Dennis Kucinich
is advocating a single-payer system."

Our campaign is giving voice not only to the aspirations of millions
of Americans in need of health coverage, but many thousands of
physicians and healthcare practitioners who know they can't adequately
serve the public until national health insurance is implemented.

http://www.kucinich.us/issues/issue_universalhealth.htm

KUCINICH vs. GEPHARDT, KERRY & DEAN -

Which Way for Democrats? Campaign supporters have asked us for more
analysis on Kucinich in comparison with other Democrats, and on our
campaign's impact on the party. To see this piece:
http://www.kucinich.us/whichway.htm

DENNIS AS SEABISCUIT

Steve Cobble, Kucinich adviser and veteran campaign strategist, offers
the following analysis:

Columnist Mark Shields made a crucial point in a recent essay when he
wrote that "Democrats nominate dark horses, not front-runners...Only
twice in the last 44 years has the Democratic nominee for President
emerged in the year before the election as the clear front-runner in
the Gallup Poll." For example: McGovern ended 1971 at 5%; Carter did
not register in any of the four 1975 polls. Clinton was polling at
only 6% as late as October of 1991.

This history is important to our campaign because it proves that
national polling at this stage is irrelevant. Here is what's
relevant: Are we raising sufficient money and building field
organizations in early states? Do we have a base in the party and
issues on which we stand out to primary voters? Are we beginning to
move up the ladder in early states?

The Kucinich Campaign can answer yes on all counts. We ended the
second quarter with a million dollars in the bank, thanks to our
strong MoveOn primary vote -- and we've added field staff in many
states. In two weeks, our MeetUp membership went from 1,200 to 8,000
and we'll soon move past John Kerry into second place. Dennis is
drawing the largest crowds around the country due to unique positions
on universal health insurance, corporate globalization, the Iraq war,
Pentagon cuts, "Patriot Act," etc. We've moved up in Iowa -- with
Willie Nelson's concerts to begin.

Kucinich is the dark horse candidate of 2003. We've exceeded
expectations on every front from the beginning. Like Seabiscuit, we
don't have to lead from pole to pole -- just be in front at the end.

BUY CAMPAIGN ITEMS ONLINE

You've asked us for an online store - we're happy to tell you that
it's arrived! Now you can buy buttons, t-shirts, bumper stickers and
more for yourself and for your friends. Profits go to the campaign.
http://www.officialkucinichstore.us
az-willie
2003-08-14 13:15:16 UTC
Post by Sarah
KUCINICH & DOCTORS AGREE ON UNIVERSAL COVERAGE
From Associated Press today: "Washington -- Nearly 8,000 U.S.
[...]
==============
I saw a study ( sorry no link ) that said Medicare was more effecient
and cost effective than ANY private medical insurance company.
Enceladus
Dave Simpson
2003-08-15 18:51:39 UTC
Post by Sarah
KUCINICH & DOCTORS AGREE ON UNIVERSAL COVERAGE
Physicians for a National Health Plan and other activists like them
are atypical of the USA.

Dave Simpson