Survey Finds Hunger, Homelessness Growing in U.S.
fãhç
2003-12-20 03:06:23 UTC
Philip Mangano, director of the Bush administration's interagency council on
homelessness, said the administration sought a radically different approach
to chronic homelessness. It aimed to bring federal, state and local
authorities together to form long-term plans to tackle the problem.

"We are no longer satisfied managing homelessness. We aim to end this
national disgrace," he said.

The report gave a number of causes for both hunger and homelessness. Many of
the homeless and hungry were unemployed; others held low-paid jobs which did
not pay enough for them to provide for their families. A lack of affordable
housing exacerbated the problem.

_____________________________________

Read more here...

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=domesticNews&storyID=4017108

Bush sought to end the national disgrace, but once again his incompetence
has made matters worse.
d2e2
2003-12-20 19:07:25 UTC
Post by fãhç
Philip Mangano, director of the Bush administration's interagency council
on homelessness, said the administration sought a radically different
approach to chronic homelessness. It aimed to bring federal, state and
local authorities together to form long-term plans to tackle the problem.
"We are no longer satisfied managing homelessness. We aim to end this
national disgrace," he said.
New camps with gas fired ovens? Finally, an inspired final solution. What a
guy our President is!