Worst Administration We've Ever Had
Nate
2004-02-05 21:12:29 UTC
George A. Akerlof, who won the Nobel Prize in economics is from the
University of California, and here's what he said about the Bush tax plan:
"What we have here is a form of looting . The rich don't need the money and
are a lot less likely to spend it - they will primarily increase their
savings. Remember that wealthier families have done extremely well in the
U.S. in the past twenty years, whereas poorer ones have done quite badly. So
the redistributive effects of this administration's tax policy are going in
the exactly wrong direction . I think this is the worst government the U.S.
has ever had." That's a Nobel Laureate in economics! And he's not alone.

Another Nobel Laureate Joseph Stiglitz said, "A few people at the top are
getting just enormous, enormous benefits. You don't need a Nobel Prize to
figure this out . give money to people who will spend it. Link tax cuts to
expenditure. For instance, expanded unemployment benefits, aid to states and
localities, money to low wage workers, investment tax credits, in particular
incremental tax credits, will direct money in areas where it will be spent."
Giving a massive tax break to the rich simply doesn't work.
Salad
2004-02-05 22:33:05 UTC
Post by Nate
[...]
bus disagrees with those intellectuals. Why, just today he was exhorting the
crowd to spend, spend spend....because the evildoers are out there....and thus
we need to make permanent the tax cuts.
az-willie
2004-02-05 22:37:41 UTC
Post by Nate
[...]
It works for them and that's all they care about.