Who's Lying Now?
HOD
2003-12-10 18:19:32 UTC
CAMPAIGN 2004

Who's Lying Now?
MoveOn.org's Daily Mislead lives up to its name.

BY BEN FRITZ
Wednesday, December 10, 2003 12:01 a.m. EST

In a June 6 speech about Medicare, President Bush said, "We must protect
seniors from high medical costs that can rob them of their savings." And
with the recently passed Medicare bill, which adds a prescription drug
benefit to the government's health insurance program for seniors, the
president claims to have done just that.

Yet according to a prominent liberal Web site, the Medicare bill is de facto
proof of dishonesty by President Bush because it includes a provision
supported by Democrats that forbids the government from using its purchasing
power to negotiate lower drug prices. Does the objection prove that Mr. Bush
was lying? Of course not. On the contrary, it's nothing more than the sort
of ideological disagreement that is inherent to democracy.

Unfortunately, the Medicare example is just one of many false accusations of
presidential dishonesty leveled by "The Daily Mislead," which accused Mr.
Bush of deception due to the Medicare provision on three separate occasions
(here, here and here). The Mislead is a new project of the increasingly
influential liberal organization MoveOn.org, which claims to reach more than
two million activists and recently received a donation of up to $5 million
from philanthropist George Soros, who is working to prevent President Bush's
re-election.

The Daily Mislead claims that it provides "an accurate daily chronicle for
journalists of misrepresentations, distortions and downright misleading
statements by President Bush and the Bush Administration," but in most cases
since its first issue on Sept. 15, it has done nothing of the kind. Instead,
despite numerous examples of actual deception by the Bush administration,
the Mislead has generally presented a series of partisan accusations of
dishonesty based on nothing more than political disagreement. Like too many
participants in the media bias debate, MoveOn is churning out a series of
analyses designed to support a preconceived agenda--whether the facts fit
the case or not.

In short, with The Daily Mislead, MoveOn has become the leader of a new
school of liberal criticism that seeks to brand every policy disagreement
with President Bush as a broken promise or lie. These loose accusations
trivialize charges of dishonesty, reducing them to little more than another
partisan spin tactic.

The most frequent way in which The Daily Mislead unfairly accuses the Bush
administration of dishonesty is to present evidence of a vague promise made
by the president and attack him for betraying this promise by not supporting
some favored liberal policy (such as spending more money on the issue).

For instance, on Nov. 20, the Mislead made this accusation: "President Bush
unveiled his energy plan in May 2001, vowing to 'make this country the
world's leader in energy efficiency and conservation in the 21st century.'
But the energy bill under final consideration by the Senate and supported by
the President devotes less than ten percent of the $25.7 billion in tax
breaks to energy efficiency."

But why is 10% not enough? How much would be enough? MoveOn never says,
because it's too busy engaging in partisan attacks posing as objective
analysis of dishonesty. It later points out, "The bill allocates only $1.5
billion over ten years in new energy efficiency spending, $300 million less
than for 'clean coal' technology, considered by environmentalists to be an
oxymoron." But why are environmentalists right about "clean coal," and why
isn't $1.5 billion enough? It further states: "Around $14.5 billion of the
tax breaks, about 62%, go to fossil fuels and nuclear power subsidies."
Nuclear power, of course, produces no air pollution and is supported by some
as an environmentally friendly power source. MoveOn may disagree, as it does
with the Bush administration's spending on energy efficiency, but it
provides no evidence as to why this disagreement is evidence of dishonesty.

Similarly, on Oct. 21, the Mislead attacked Mr. Bush for not requesting as
much for veterans' health as the American Legion, a veterans group, would
like and for not engaging in emergency spending approved by Congress that
included extra funds for veterans' health. The Mislead's evidence that this
position was dishonest? An extremely vague statement by the president in
which he said, "Veterans are a priority for this administration . . . and
that priority is reflected in my budget."

The examples of "dishonesty" that consist of little more than vague
statements and partisan disagreement go on. On Oct. 17, the Mislead said the
Bush administration's campaign to promote the success of the Iraq war was
dishonest because troop morale is low. On Oct. 7, it attacked the
president's statement that education would be his "top priority" after he
proposed only a small increase in funding for federal educational programs.
And on Oct. 30, it accused the president of being deceptive when he promised
to make the national park system the "crown jewel of America's recreation
system" because of a dispute over funding for park maintenance and the fact
that some parks have long waits for student groups to visit.

In other cases, The Daily Mislead has made accusations of dishonesty that
might be serious, but the only evidence MoveOn marshals for its cause is
highly subjective.

The Oct. 14 Mislead opens with the following statement: "Despite President
Bush's rhetorical claim that 'the best safeguard against abuse is full
disclosure,' Republican Senator Arlen Specter compares the lack of candor
from the Administration about the Patriot Act to 'a big black hole.' " Why
should we believe Mr. Specter's accusation? MoveOn doesn't tell us. It also
notes that "fellow Republican Senator Chuck Grassley says 'it's like pulling
teeth to get answers' from Attorney General John Ashcroft about whether the
Justice Department may be using the Act to justify wrongful handling of
Americans detained simply on suspicion of terrorist connections." The
Mislead then notes that Mr. Ashcroft has testified before Congress three
times since early 2002, while Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld did so 12
times, but fails to grapple with potential reasons for the difference, such
as the war in Iraq.

These are subjective accusations against the president, not serious analyses
of dishonesty. The Oct. 1 Mislead makes a similarly absurd claim, stating,
"On Tuesday members of the Iraqi Governing Council contradicted Secretary of
State Colin Powell's optimistic timetable for self-government, saying it
could take up to 18 months to ratify a constitution, thus extending the U.S.
occupation into 2005. This is far longer than senior administration members
suggested just last week but is exactly what President Bush's father warned
might happen." That the Bush administration disagrees with the Iraqi
Governing Council about the timetable for the occupation and that this claim
contradicts a statement by George H.W. Bush in a 1998 book are not in
themselves evidence of dishonesty, though, just disagreement.

Another favorite tactic of the Mislead has been to blast the administration
for promises it was unable to fulfill or policy plans that changed due to
altered circumstances. In essence, these supposed examples of dishonesty
actually consist of outcomes the Bush administration cannot realistically
control.

The very first Mislead, from Sept. 15, included such an attack, nothing that
Mr. Bush said his "first goal is an economy that [will] employ every man and
woman who seeks a job." MoveOn then attacked the president because the
economy had lost approximately 2.5 million jobs since he came into office.
The fact that the economy has not created jobs, however, is not evidence
that Mr. Bush didn't attempt to spur job creation through his economic
policies.

Similarly, the Misleads from Sept. 29 and Oct. 3 attack the administration
for not reaching the job creation goals it offered in support of its tax cut
plans. And in perhaps the biggest stretch of all, the Oct. 24 Mislead
implied that a Bush pledge to crack down on corporate leaders who violate
the public trust was broken by an internal memo at military contractor
Haliburton, which is obviously not proof of deception by the administration.

Worst of all, the Mislead occasionally engages in deception of its own,
citing inaccurate or misleading evidence or publishing articles that do not
even include accusations of dishonesty by the Bush administration.

The Nov. 25 Mislead analyzed the situation in Iraq and accused Mr. Bush of
dishonesty because he "yesterday said that we 'put the Taliban out of
business forever'--taking credit for supposedly ridding the world of the
terrorist regime." It goes on to describe "the President's declarations that
the challenges in Afghanistan are over." But the Nov. 24 speech quoted in
the Mislead is all about the continuing missions in Iraq and Afghanistan. In
it, Mr. Bush makes clear that Taliban are still a threat and that challenges
remain in Afghanistan, saying, "We are fighting the terrorists in Iraq and
Afghanistan and in other parts of the world so we do not have to fight them
on the streets of our own cities." Mr. Bush is clearly acknowledging the
continued turmoil in Afghanistan, which consists in part of fighting
remnants of the Taliban regime.

On Sept. 19, the Mislead cited a quote by Vice President Dick Cheney on
NBC's "Meet the Press" in March when he said, "We believe [Saddam Hussein]
has, in fact, reconstituted nuclear weapons." It notes that six months later
Mr. Cheney said, "I misspoke." But despite the Mislead's title, "Bush
Administration Spends Week Retracting Assertions About Saddam's Threat to
the U.S.," the evidence actually suggests that Mr. Cheney did simply
misspeak. In the same interview, the vice president referred to Iraq's
attempts to reconstitute its "nuclear program," and said Iraq had "pursued"
nuclear weapons and that "we know he's out trying once again to produce
nuclear weapons." In context, Mr. Cheney clearly was referring to Iraq's
attempts to obtain nuclear weapons, not alleging it possessed them at the
time.

At times, the Mislead's arguments verge on irrelevant, because there's
simply no logic to support a claim of Bush administration dishonesty. The
Nov. 6 Mislead, for instance, is about the fact that the Army Corps of
Engineers was considering canceling a no-bid contract extension with
Halliburton. It contains no evidence at all that anyone in the Bush
administration was involved in the overcharges that led to the potential
cancellation. And on Nov. 14, the Mislead attacked Bush administration
changes in overtime rules that some analysts said would lead to millions of
workers losing their right to overtime pay. The evidence that this is
dishonest is a quote in which the president promoted his tax cut plan
because it returns money to the American people. The idea that Mr. Bush's
support for tax cuts means that he should support any plan that would lead
to workers being paid more is absurd on its face.

Although it occasionally contains legitimate instances of Bush
administration dishonesty, The Daily Mislead is primarily a vehicle for
MoveOn's partisan attacks on the president. There's nothing inherently wrong
with partisanship, but framing these attacks as objective analysis of
dishonesty is highly deceptive.

The Daily Mislead is just one more example of how partisans eager to exploit
the public's frustration with actual dishonesty by their leaders
systematically conflate disagreement with deception. Until we recognize the
difference, it will be hard to sort out truth from fiction.

The Wall Street Journal

begin 666 storyend_dingbat.gif
M1TE&.#=A6 `&`*(``/____[^_OGY^>/CXYJ:FH" @&5E93\_/RP`````6 `&
M```#:"@!#/$MRDGE"N*(?47]8/1 `/<H8_B-;#<8KZ*4F&JWHT(81^__P*!P
MV'L-#KL=<<D<$@:"`6YAHTPA+\+A"!@P/-3J:NH5"PB%M'K-;JL'!:-[3G\Z
4&"2QM48-VV0#<($H>BUE%RH)`#L`
`
end
abracadabra
2003-12-10 18:46:25 UTC
Post by HOD
CAMPAIGN 2004
Who's Lying Now?
MoveOn.org's Daily Mislead lives up to its name.
BY BEN FRITZ
Wednesday, December 10, 2003 12:01 a.m. EST
In a June 6 speech about Medicare, President Bush said, "
Who gives a shit what Bush says? He's proven incapable of telling the truth.
If he says something, it's like that Iraqi guy we saw during the war, who
said that there were no Americans in Baghdad.
However, I'll point out that Bush didn't give a shit about medicare and
perscription drugs until the issue was working for Gore. THen he pretended
he was interested in it. But he did nothing until this late date, and it's
way too little, way to late - amazing how Bush can waste so much money on
something that does so little for Real Americans.
DDB
2003-12-10 19:01:00 UTC
Post by abracadabra
Post by HOD
CAMPAIGN 2004
Who's Lying Now?
MoveOn.org's Daily Mislead lives up to its name.
BY BEN FRITZ
Wednesday, December 10, 2003 12:01 a.m. EST
In a June 6 speech about Medicare, President Bush said, "
Who gives a shit what Bush says? He's proven incapable of telling the truth.
If he says something, it's like that Iraqi guy we saw during the war, who
said that there were no Americans in Baghdad.
However, I'll point out that Bush didn't give a shit about medicare and
perscription drugs until the issue was working for Gore. THen he pretended
he was interested in it. But he did nothing until this late date, and it's
way too little, way to late - amazing how Bush can waste so much money on
something that does so little for Real Americans.
Okay now let me point soemthing out, under Bush a 30 year promise was
fullfilled e.g. perscription drgus and that is the real problem the
Democrats have with the bill. They know how powerful the retired
organizations are and they also know that those organizations will push to
fix any problems the bill may inflict so all in all just getting a bill is
of greater value to the elderly than an continuation of the empty Democrat
Promise of a bill.
abracadabra
2003-12-10 19:52:41 UTC
Post by abracadabra
Post by abracadabra
If he says something, it's like that Iraqi guy we saw during the war, who
said that there were no Americans in Baghdad.
However, I'll point out that Bush didn't give a shit about medicare and
perscription drugs until the issue was working for Gore. THen he pretended
he was interested in it. But he did nothing until this late date, and it's
way too little, way to late - amazing how Bush can waste so much money on
something that does so little for Real Americans.
Okay now let me point soemthing out, under Bush a 30 year promise was
fullfilled e.g. perscription drgus and that is the real problem the
Democrats have with the bill.
A mind reader you aint.
I don't care who passes it, but it ought to give real perscription drug
benifits to all people on medicare - not a little bit to the worse off.
DDB
2003-12-10 20:21:14 UTC
Post by abracadabra
Post by abracadabra
Post by abracadabra
Post by abracadabra
something that does so little for Real Americans.
Okay now let me point soemthing out, under Bush a 30 year promise was
fullfilled e.g. perscription drgus and that is the real problem the
Democrats have with the bill.
A mind reader you aint.
I don't care who passes it, but it ought to give real perscription drug
benifits to all people on medicare - not a little bit to the worse off.
Let me just put back what you cut,

They know how powerful the retired organizations are and they also know that
those organizations will push to fix any problems the bill may inflict so
all in all just getting a bill is of greater value to the elderly than an
continuation of the empty Democrat Promise of a bill.

Do you disagree that the AARP and other organizations geared to the elderly
will not be able to strong arm fixes to the program. Without a prorgam they
had nothing to fix and no ability to force the Democrats to make good
ontheir promise. Now they do!
abracadabra
2003-12-10 20:52:03 UTC
Post by DDB
Post by abracadabra
Post by abracadabra
Post by abracadabra
Post by abracadabra
Post by abracadabra
something that does so little for Real Americans.
Okay now let me point soemthing out, under Bush a 30 year promise was
fullfilled e.g. perscription drgus and that is the real problem the
Democrats have with the bill.
A mind reader you aint.
I don't care who passes it, but it ought to give real perscription drug
benifits to all people on medicare - not a little bit to the worse off.
Let me just put back what you cut,
Do you disagree that the AARP
AARP has become an insurance company more interested in making money then
helping retirees.
DDB
2003-12-11 02:01:52 UTC
Post by abracadabra
Post by DDB
Post by abracadabra
Post by abracadabra
Post by abracadabra
Post by HOD
CAMPAIGN 2004
Who's Lying Now?
MoveOn.org's Daily Mislead lives up to its name.
BY BEN FRITZ
Wednesday, December 10, 2003 12:01 a.m. EST
In a June 6 speech about Medicare, President Bush said, "
Who gives a shit what Bush says? He's proven incapable of telling
the
Post by DDB
Post by abracadabra
Post by abracadabra
truth.
Post by abracadabra
If he says something, it's like that Iraqi guy we saw during the
war,
Post by DDB
Post by abracadabra
who
Post by abracadabra
Post by abracadabra
Post by abracadabra
he was interested in it. But he did nothing until this late date,
and
Post by DDB
Post by abracadabra
it's
Post by abracadabra
Post by abracadabra
way too little, way to late - amazing how Bush can waste so much
money
Post by DDB
Post by abracadabra
on
Post by abracadabra
Post by abracadabra
something that does so little for Real Americans.
Okay now let me point soemthing out, under Bush a 30 year promise was
fullfilled e.g. perscription drgus and that is the real problem the
Democrats have with the bill.
A mind reader you aint.
I don't care who passes it, but it ought to give real perscription drug
benifits to all people on medicare - not a little bit to the worse off.
Let me just put back what you cut,
Do you disagree that the AARP
AARP has become an insurance company more interested in making money then
helping retirees.
Perhaps but they still cater to only the elderly and it doesn't make good
business sense to piss off your clients. AARP knows that with their
subscriberbase, they can weild plenty of power against any and all political
powers. The key to success lies in their loddying capabilities once they
have a bill. We all need to praying now that th egovernment can find a way
to pay for all of these give aways.
w***@harley.com
2003-12-17 03:38:33 UTC
On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 15:21:14 -0500, "DDB"
Post by DDB
Let me just put back what you cut,
They know how powerful the retired organizations are and they also know that
those organizations will push to fix any problems the bill may inflict so
all in all just getting a bill is of greater value to the elderly than an
continuation of the empty Democrat Promise of a bill.
You only have to be 50 to be in AARP, not exactly
elderly, but AARP does not speak for us all. This
bill in not in the best interest of anyone except
the pharmacutical companies. The bill won't go
into effect until 2006, until then people who sign
up for the plan will be given a discount card
worth 15% on covered medications. It has been
called a donut because it has a large part in the
middle where there is no coverage at all. It also
has a provision which prevents the government from
negotiating lower drug prices on your behalf, and
forbids importation of drugs where they are sold
up to 60 percent cheaper. There is also a
provision to move everyone off of medicare by 2010
and onto private insurance companies. Does this
sound like your kind of bill?
Post by DDB
Do you disagree that the AARP and other organizations geared to the elderly
will not be able to strong arm fixes to the program. Without a prorgam they
had nothing to fix and no ability to force the Democrats to make good
ontheir promise. Now they do!
There are several health care plans that are
working their way through Congress, this one
unfortunately was not the best one.

If you want to see a health care plan go to:
www.kucinich.us

FXDWG
HOD
2003-12-10 22:39:54 UTC
Post by abracadabra
Post by HOD
CAMPAIGN 2004
Who's Lying Now?
MoveOn.org's Daily Mislead lives up to its name.
BY BEN FRITZ
Wednesday, December 10, 2003 12:01 a.m. EST
In a June 6 speech about Medicare, President Bush said, "
Who gives a shit what Bush says? He's proven incapable of telling the truth.
If he says something, it's like that Iraqi guy we saw during the war, who
said that there were no Americans in Baghdad.
However, I'll point out that Bush didn't give a shit about medicare and
perscription drugs until the issue was working for Gore. THen he pretended
he was interested in it. But he did nothing until this late date, and it's
way too little, way to late - amazing how Bush can waste so much money on
something that does so little for Real Americans.
If he's so bad, why is he ahead on every current poll when compared to any
and all democrat wannabe's?
Why don't more people buy in to your silly lies? Wouldn't you agree that you
are ineffective at best?
abracadabra
2003-12-10 23:15:32 UTC
Post by abracadabra
Post by abracadabra
If he says something, it's like that Iraqi guy we saw during the war, who
said that there were no Americans in Baghdad.
However, I'll point out that Bush didn't give a shit about medicare and
perscription drugs until the issue was working for Gore. THen he pretended
he was interested in it. But he did nothing until this late date, and it's
way too little, way to late - amazing how Bush can waste so much money on
something that does so little for Real Americans.
If he's so bad, why is he ahead on every current poll when compared to any
and all democrat wannabe's?
LOL
Unable to refute anything, you rely on polls?
And you do know more Americans think he should go home rather then run
again, right?
LOL
Cause unlike you , I don't lie.
HOD
2003-12-11 00:32:59 UTC
Post by abracadabra
Post by abracadabra
Post by abracadabra
Why don't more people buy in to your silly lies?
Cause unlike you , I don't lie.
You just did! You criticize me for poll referencing and then imply that you
know the results of some poll that supports your silliness!!!! You are a
genuine moron! A boring simple moron at that.
I'll give you the last shot!
forte agent
The Wall Street Journal
John S. Dyson
2003-12-31 23:52:17 UTC
Post by forte agent
What a wad, you quot from the Wall Street Journal and we're supposed
to buy that crap, get a life.
You must have the lost-credibility New York Times confused with the
still relatively respectable WSJ.

John

forte agent
2004-01-01 01:29:34 UTC
GW (shrub) Bush RESUME

PAST WORK EXPERIENCE:

I ran for congress and lost.
I produced a Hollywood slasher B movie.
I bought an oil company, but couldn't find any oil in Texas; company
went bankrupt shortly after I sold all my stock.
I bought the Texas Rangers baseball team in a sweetheart deal that
gave me land using taxpayer money. Biggest move: Traded Sammy Sosa to
the Chicago White Sox.
With my father's help (and his name) was elected Governor of Texas.

ACCOMPLISHMENTS:
I changed pollution laws for power and oil companies and made Texas
the most polluted state in the Union.
I replaced Los Angeles with Houston as the most smog ridden city in
America.
Cut taxes and bankrupted the Texas government to the tune of billions
in borrowed money.
Set record for most executions by any Governor in American history.
I became president after losing the popular vote by over 500,000
votes, with the help of my fathers appointments to the Supreme Court.

ACCOMPLISHMENTS AS PRESIDENT
I attacked and took over two countries.
I spent the surplus and bankrupted the treasury.
I shattered record for biggest annual deficit in history.
I set economic record for most private bankruptcies filed in any 12
month period.
I set all-time record for biggest drop in the history! of the stock
market.
I am the first President in decades to execute a federal prisoner.
I am the first President in US history to enter office with a criminal
record.
I am the first year in office set the all-time record for most days on
vacation by any President in US history.
After taking the entire month of August off for vacation, I presided
over the worst security failure in US history.
I set the record for more campaign fundraising trips, while in office,
than any other President in US history.
In my first two years in office over 2 million Americans lost their
job.
I cut unemployment benefits for more out of work Americans than any
President in US history.
I set the all-time record for most foreclosures in a 12-month period.
I appointed more convicted criminals to administration positions than
any President in US history.
I set the record for the least amount of press conferences than any
President since the advent of television.
I signed more laws and executive orders amending the Constitution than
any President in US history.
I presided over the biggest energy crises in US history and refused to
intervene when corruption was revealed.
I presided over the highest gasoline prices in US history and refused
to use the national reserves, as past Presidents have.
I cut healthcare benefits for war veterans.
I set the all-time record for most people worldwide to simultaneously
take to the streets to protest me (15 million people), shattering the
record for protest against any person in the history of mankind I
dissolved more international treaties than any President in US
history.
My Presidency is the most secretive and unaccountable of any in US
history.
Members of my cabinet are the richest of any administration in US
history.
(The 'poorest' multimillionaire, Condoleeza Rice has a Chevron oil
tanker named after her.)
I am the first President in US history to have all 50 states of the
Union simultaneously go technically bankrupt.
I presided over the biggest corporate stock market fraud of any market
in any country in the history of the world.
I am the first President in US history to order an unprovoked US first
attack and military occupation of a sovereign nation; I did so against
the will of the United Nations and the world community, and without
consultation with or consent from the Congress or the American people.
I created the largest government department bureaucracy in the history
of the United States.
I set the all-time record for biggest annual budget spending
increases, more than any President in US history.
I am the first President in US history to have the United Nations
remove the US from the human rights commission.
I am the first President in US history to have the United Nations
remove the US from the elections monitoring board.
I removed more checks and balances, and have the least amount of
Congressional oversight, than any Presidential administration in US
history.
I rendered the entire United Nations irrelevant.
I withdrew from the World Court of Law.
I refused to allow inspector's access to US prisoners of war and, by
default, no longer abide by the Geneva Conventions.
I am the first President in US history to refuse United Nations
election inspectors (during the 2002 US elections).
I am the all-time US (and world) record holder for most corporate
campaign donations.
My biggest lifetime campaign contributor, who is also one of my best
friends, presided over one of the largest corporate bankruptcy frauds
in world history (Kenneth Lay, former CEO of Enron Corporation).
I spent more money on polls and focus groups than any President in US
history.
I am the first President to run and hide when the US came under attack
(and then lied, saying the enemy had the code to Air Force 1).
I am the first US President to establish, in effect, a secret shadow
government.
I took the biggest world sympathy for the US after 911, and, in less
than a year, made the US the most resented country in the world
(possibly the biggest diplomatic failure in US and world history).
I, with a policy of 'disengagement' created the most hostile
Israeli-Palestine relations in at least 30 years.
I am the first US President in history to have a majority of the
people of Europe (71%) view my Presidency as the biggest threat to
world peace and stability.
I am the first US president in history to have the people of South
Korea more threatened by the US than their immediate neighbor, North
Korea.
I changed US policy to allow convicted criminals to be awarded
government contracts.
I set all-time record for number of administration appointees who
violated US law by not selling huge investments in corporations
bidding for government contracts.
I failed to fulfill my pledge to get Osama Bin Laden 'dead or alive.'
I failed to capture the anthrax killer who tried to murder the leaders
of our country at the United States Capitol building. After 18 months,
I have no leads and zero suspects.
In the 18 months following the 911 attacks, I have successfully
prevented any public investigation into the biggest security failure
in the history of the United States.
I removed more freedoms and civil liberties for Americans than any
other President in US history.
In a little over two years I created the most divided country in
decades, possibly the most divided the US has ever been since the
Civil War.
I entered office with the best economy in US history and, in less than
two years, turned every single economic category heading straight
down.

RECORDS AND REFERENCES
I have at least one conviction for drunk driving in Maine (Texas
driving record has been erased and is not available).
I was AWOL from National Guard and deserted the military during a time
of war.
I refuse to take drug test or even answer any questions about drug
use.
All records of my tenure as governor of Texas have been spirited away
to my father's library, sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public
view.
All records of any SEC investigations into my insider trading or
bankrupt companies are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public
view.
All minutes of meetings for any public corporation I served on the
board are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public view. Any
records or minutes from meetings I (or my VP) attended regarding
public energy policy are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public
review.
For personal references, please speak to my Daddy or Uncle James
Baker. (They can be reached at their offices of the Carlyle Group for
war-profiteering.)
Post by HOD
[...]
participants in the media bias debate, MoveOn s churning out a series of