Mexican Wall Vs. Fence
Joe Delphi
2006-05-27 22:16:19 UTC
It seems to me that the politicians in Washington DC are now referring
to the proposed border wall with Mexico as a border fence.

I hope that it will be something more than a fence and something less
than the Great Wall of China. I think the United States should send an
engineering team over to Israel to meet with their experts on the wall that
they are building. Israel takes its defense seriously and the US could
learn some valuable lessons from the Israeli wall which is under
construction but almost done. I would be interested to know the cost per
mile to build a wall comparable to the Israel wall. Congress should be
interested too since they are the ones who will have to authorize the
funding for it.

Nobody in the Southwestern US wants a fence. Every farmer or rancher
knows that all it takes is a good pair of wire cutters to defeat a fence.
There is also the symbolic side to it. Who wants their country to have a
border made of barbed concertina razor wire?

I am thinking of a concrete wall, not sure how high it should be, but
at least high enough that someone cannot just prop a ladder up against the
side of it and climb over - so maybe 18 feet? The wall should have a sheer
face, at least on the Mexican side so as to deny easy climbing. There
should be vibration sensors in the wall which trigger an alarm. The ground
near the wall should contain seismic sensors which detect ground vibrations
and would help to prevent tunneling. And of course video and human
surveillance.

The US should set a goal of having this wall completed within 10
years. I think the problems will be the mountainous areas and also the
parts of Arizona where Indian reservations butt up to the border. It is my
understanding that there has been a lack of cooperation between the tribal
Governments on these reservations and the US Border Patrol and that this
lack of cooperation may carry over to this wall. Hopefully the Bill that
Congress passes will somehow address this issue.

Opinions?

JD
H.M.
2006-05-28 01:34:48 UTC
How about a moat, 500 ft wide, 200 ft deep, filled
with alligators and piranha, lots of junk steel vehicle
barriers to impale any boats or rafts, vertical walls.

This should put a stop to any tunneling under the moat.

Now on a slight modification to this idea, widen this,
deepen this, and use this in place of the Panama canal
for a shipping lane from the gulf to the Pacific..,
The alligators and piranha will not mind sharing this with
the shipping,

Plus a good way to get rid of their garbage.
Course we know that the alligators and piranha will be
well fed to start with.

Herman Munster..
JD
Jennie
2006-05-28 01:47:57 UTC
Start double checking SSN would take care of this mess. Did you know, some
SS checks are send to dozens of folks living in different parts of America
under the same SSN...And the SS admin does not want you to know, cuz it
would upset you...
--
The worst Congress ever!

Vote all incumbent out! Americans are being tricked and sold out!

Congress Phone Numbers
http://www.numbersusa.com/congressinfo?letter=S

e-mail you congressman at:

Contact the Senate
http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm

Contact the House
http://www.house.gov/writerep/
JD
w***@ireland.com
2006-05-28 15:26:00 UTC
On Sat, 27 May 2006 15:16:19 -0700, "Joe Delphi"
Post by Joe Delphi
It seems to me that the politicians in Washington DC are now referring
to the proposed border wall with Mexico as a border fence.
JD
I wonder if these politicians can say Maginot Line?

WB Yeats
Don Ocean
2006-05-29 00:44:19 UTC
Post by Joe Delphi
It seems to me that the politicians in Washington DC are now referring
to the proposed border wall with Mexico as a border fence.
JD
I wonder if these politicians can say Maginot Line?
WB Yeats
If we took every illegal we caught, incarcerated them and put them to
building a wall of natural materials from the environment...We could put
the great wall of China to shame. And all it would cost is some desert
land for the construction camps and lottsa beans and rice..etc.. We
could use the faster young ones to chase down rabbits etc for taco meat.
;-p The organization of that labor endeavor could be the same as
utilized by Nebechaneezer in building the pyramids.
spiced-ham? (Koko)
Shit! they've moved Belguim to Arizona!
phenobarbital
2006-05-30 17:52:16 UTC
Joe Delphi wrote...
Post by Joe Delphi
It seems to me that the politicians in Washington DC are now referring
to the proposed border wall with Mexico as a border fence.
I hope that it will be something more than a fence and something less
than the Great Wall of China...
What is being built is the most expensive fence Halliburton can get away
with billing the taxpayers. It may be only several thousand dollars of
chainlink fence you can buy at Home Depot, but Halliburton will charge
$83 billion for it plus it will use illegal aliens to install it. Cost
overruns will raise the price to $247 billion before Congress cancels
the project to free up more money for Halliburton's projects in Iraq.
Governor Swill
2006-05-31 06:36:29 UTC
Post by phenobarbital
Joe Delphi wrote...
Post by Joe Delphi
It seems to me that the politicians in Washington DC are now referring
to the proposed border wall with Mexico as a border fence.
I hope that it will be something more than a fence and something less
than the Great Wall of China...
What is being built is the most expensive fence Halliburton can get away
with billing the taxpayers. It may be only several thousand dollars of
chainlink fence you can buy at Home Depot, but Halliburton will charge
$83 billion for it plus it will use illegal aliens to install it. Cost
overruns will raise the price to $247 billion before Congress cancels
the project to free up more money for Halliburton's projects in Iraq.
I wonder what the cost overruns will be on Senator Stevens' Bridge To
Nowhere?

And now the Congress wants their offices inviolable and the President
wants to listen to reporters' phone calls.

Nice.

Swill
Would someone please give him a blowjob so we can impeach him?
Ron Bauer
2006-10-08 20:43:54 UTC
We don't need a fence. We just need to enforce the laws that we already
have. It is illeagal to hire an illeagal alien. Illegals don't pay income
taxes or social security. Anyone who hires illeagles should be prosecuted
to the fullest extent of the law. That would take care of the problem, but
for some reason, our corrupt politicians won't do it. The best thing for us
to do is to vote out all the incumbents.

Ron